DSpace Repository

Don Valley flood, north of Bloor Street, with Don Valley Paper Co. along river in background, c. 1907

Don Valley flood, north of Bloor Street, with Don Valley Paper Co. along river in background, c. 1907

Show full item record

Title: Don Valley flood, north of Bloor Street, with Don Valley Paper Co. along river in background, c. 1907
Author: James, William
Description: Note: The Don Valley Paper Co. was one of three paper mills on the Don River owned by the Taylor Brothers. Constructed in 1858, the mill was extensively renovated after Robert Davies bought it in 1907. In 1932 Davies sold to the Howard Smith Paper Mills Company; the mill was finally sold to Domtar in 1961. With no room to expand the facilities, Domtar closed the mill and sold the property in 1989 to the Metropolitan Toronto and Region Conservation Authority. The mill was demolished and the site restored as part of the Beechwood Wetland site north of Pottery Road.
Sponsor: Changing Urban Waterfronts research project.
Subject: Don Valley flood
Don Valley Paper Co.
Type: Image
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/10315/1219
Published: Location: City of Toronto Archives
Series: Fonds 1244, Item 2477
Citation: James, W. (1907). Don Valley flood, north of Bloor Street, with Don Valley Paper Co. along river in background. City of Toronto Archives, Fonds 1244, Item 2477.
Date: 1907

Files in this item



This item appears in the following Collection(s)