Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorSimcoe, Elizabeth
dc.date.accessioned2008-04-20T19:33:36Z
dc.date.available2008-04-20T19:33:36Z
dc.date.issued1793
dc.identifier.citationSimcoe, E. (c. 1793). John Scadding's cabin on Don River, autumn. Archives of Ontario, F 47-11-1-0-238.en
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10315/1247
dc.descriptionNote: John Scadding’s land holdings ran along the east side of the Don River from the waterfront to Danforth Avenue and east to today's Broadview Avenue. In 1856, the City of Toronto purchased a portion of the Scadding farm in order to construct a jail and an industrial farm on the site. The Don Jail, constructed on the east side of the river, opened in 1864. Two decades later, in 1880, the City opened Riverdale Park in the valley north of the jail grounds as a site for public recreation. Scadding’s cabin was moved to the grounds of the Canadian National Exhibition in 1879.en
dc.description.sponsorshipChanging Urban Waterfronts research project
dc.publisherLocation: Archives of Ontarioen
dc.relation.ispartofseriesF 47-11-1-0-238.en
dc.subjectSimcoe
dc.subjectElizabeth
dc.titleJohn Scadding's cabin on Don River, autumn, c. 1793en
dc.typeImageen


Files in this item

Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record